Wednesday 11 April 2012

OUCH!! Burnies

Well there was a bit of drama here at the N household last night.  It all started out quietly enough, I had finished crumbing some lovely fresh Baramundi our Neighbours had given us, now it was time to cook them.  Well as put the final fillet into the oil this huge wave of oil just leaped out of the fry pan and over the heel of my palm ouchie mama!!  I got it straight under some water but it blistered straight away, and then I started feeling a bit woozy.  Poor Mr N couldn't drive so we called up the ambulance to see if they could come and have a look at it for me.  20 minutes later and the ambulance officers arrived and after consulting a doctor at the hospital everything looked OK.  I just needed to keep cooling it down then cover it in silversene, bandage it up and go visit the hospital in the next couple of days to get it redressed.  We haven't had that many people in our house in ages ;).


My bandaged hand this morning

I had planned on showing you what I made for my sisters' birthdays, they're only a week apart, I'll save that for tomorrow I think.

I hope you're having a great day,

Natski (doofus)

XOXOXXO

1 comment:

  1. Yeouch! Didn't realise it was as bad. Hope it mends quickly so you can get back to stitching.
    MSxx

    ReplyDelete