Tuesday 10 April 2012

Fat quarter Purse

Wow what a busy day yesterday, the weather was so fantastic I think it empowered me to just get on with it :)
I managed to get most of my Fat quarter purse by we wilson done , I don't have any d-rings on hand so the strap is just pinned on. The fabric is French Riviera by Art Gallery Fabrics, I bought it at Spotlight ages ago and it looks great as a bag.

Stitched by Miss N


I think when I make this again I'll make a longer strap, this means I'll need more than a fat quarter but the strap is too short at the moment to be an adjustable strap.  I love how the flower came out right in the centre of the bag, and no fussy cutting, the pattern doesn't have much room to spare so it was just pure luck.

As well as getting my bag sewed up I was also able to get in the garden and cut back some of the gingers and transfer our sick hibiscus.  It was so lovely and cool in the afternoon and just such a buzz to be able to do so much in one day.  This time last year I was struggling to spend more than 30 mins in front of the computer let alone sewing and gardening, it just lifts my spirits and puts a big ol smile on my face.

I hope you're having a happy and productive day too.

Till next time,

Natski

XXOXOXO

2 comments:

  1. Adorable bag! Very lucky indeed, that the flower just happened to be centered! :) Love the material as well, I'm finding it very difficult to come across such beautiful prints... :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, you're my very first comment which is very exciting for me.
      I bought this fabric at spotlight but latley I find Hawthorne Threads to have an amazing number of gorgeous fabrics and really reasonable prices and shipping.
      Enjoy the rest of the day you just made mine :)

      Delete